Idiom: vouch for
Idiom: vouch for something/someone
- to say that something/someone is good, true or correct based on one's knowledge or experience
- Even though you didn’t see her at her desk, I can vouch for her that she arrived on time yesterday and went straight to the manager's meeting.
- I can vouch for his skills as a speaker. He is competent, informative and engaging.
- Since the organization has closed, do you have any references who could vouch for the volunteer work you did there?
- I can vouch for that caterer. They did my sister's wedding and their menus and arrangements are fabulous.
- Can anyone vouch for this brand of hair color? It's so much more expensive than the others.
- Thanks so much for vouching for me yesterday at the committee hearing.
- Let's try to get some testimonials from previous clients who can vouch for our expertise and service.
- Unfortunately, our project manager is not in today but our accountant should be able to vouch for those figures.
- bear witness
- speak well of
- lend credence to something
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: vouch for