Idiom: Count sheep
Idiom: count sheep
- to imagine sheep and count them jumping over a fence as a way to make yourself go to sleep
- Last night I was counting sheep for at least 20 minutes before I finally gave up and started reading a book.
- Counting sheep has never worked for me but it's a technique that works for many others.
- I knew I was becoming fluent when I started counting sheep and dreaming in French.
- Doctor, I've already tried counting sheep. Could you please write me a prescription?
- I heard my husband muttering something and thought he was talking in his sleep but he said he was counting sheep.
- Every night I count sheep for a few minutes before I go to sleep.
- My son has a hard time counting sheep so I make him warm milk when he can't fall asleep.
- I counted sheep up to 10,001 and then I must've fallen asleep.
You might like these other idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: count sheep