Idiom: that's all I need
Idiom: that's all I need / all I need is (something)
- refers to something that you do not want or need at all
- describes something even worse will be added to an already bad situation
Note: This is often said in a sarcastic tone. You can use this idiom in any person (e.g., that's all we need, all he needs).
- Oh, great a parking ticket. All I need is another bill!
- Please tell her I’m in a meeting for the next few hours—all I need is to listen to my mother complain to me about some stupid issue this morning.
- You take the girls to the mall. I've got a migraine headache and all I need is to listen to them giggle and scream.
- Uh-oh, John's on the phone. All we need is another waiter to call out sick today.
- I'm running 20 minutes late already today. All I need is a traffic jam.
- I checked the weather forecast and there will be a thunderstorm this afternoon. That's all we need on the day of our picnic.
- Ugh. All I need is a crying baby sitting next to me on an 8-hour flight.
- Another complaint about Sarah? That's all we need today.
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
> Main idioms list
> idiom: (something) is all one needs