Idiom: on the cutting edge
Idiom: on/at the cutting edge (of something)
- something that is the first of a new technology, etc.
- Apple's products are always on the cutting edge, then everyone tries to copy them.
- These printer models are at the cutting edge of 3D printing.
- If you want to see what’s on the cutting edge of technology, then I recommend you take a look at TED talks on YouTube.
- Check out the technology section of the newspaper and you’ll find really interesting stories about new products that are at the cutting edge of technology.
- Our company is on the cutting edge of robotics and you can find more information by checking out our website.
- Decades ago, in-vitro fertilization was on the cutting edge of technology but now it’s an ordinary type of treatment for infertility issues.
- GMO‘s are on the cutting edge of agriculture but there’s a lot of resistance to these new crops by environmental groups.
- Our company is exploring vaccines at the cutting edge of treatments for several infectious diseases and it’s imperative that governments invest in research alongside us.
- If you want to invest in companies that are on the cutting edge of new technologies then I recommend you look at start up’s in Silicon Valley.
- on/at the leading edge
- ahead of it's time
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: on the cutting edge