Idiom: keep up something
Idiom: keep up something (keep something up)
- to continue to do something
- to keep managing to do something even though it is difficult
- Keep up that negative attitude and no one’s going to want to be around you.
- I hope you keep your hopes up about the future because I’m sure things will change soon.
- If everyone keeps up the pace, we’re going to finish the project ahead of the deadline.
- Keep up the good work. You're doing a fantastic job!
- Keep up your weightlifting each week. Doing cardio alone is not enough.
- We have to keep our weekly cleaning up or our house gets very dirty very quickly.
- I hope to keep up going to bed at 9:00 pm every night even after school ends for the summer.
- We hope to keep this production schedule up for another month to meet the holiday demand.
- The strike is working. We just need to keep it up a few more days and we'll surely get the owners to agree to a compromise.
- Keep up your dieting. You're obviously losing weight.
- If you keep up sending your boyfriend so many text messages he's going to get annoyed with you.
- I couldn't keep my credit card payments up any longer and had to file for bankruptcy.
- stay the course
- press ahead
- carry on
- keep going
- go the (full) distance
- hang in there
- hold on
- keep at it
- keep your head down
- peg away
- plough ahead
- plug away (at something)
- soldier on
- stay with
- stick to/with
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: keep up something