Idiom: caught up in something
Idiom: (get) caught up in something
- to be completely busy or absorbed in something
- I got so caught up in reading this book that I didn’t notice how late it was and didn't get to sleep until 2:00 a.m. in the morning.
- We have a lot of work to do so please don't get caught up in the internet.
- I was actually here in my office but I was caught up in writing the report and didn't hear the phone ring.
- We were so caught up in the game that we forgot to take the dog out and he went to the bathroom on the carpet.
- Don't get caught up in your video games and miss your bus stop again.
- You're always caught up in Instagram whenever we go out to dinner and it's very annoying for everyone else.
- Is it 3:00 pm already? I was so caught up in cleaning the house that I haven't eaten anything all day.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: caught up in something