Idiom: by no means
Idiom: by no means / not by any means
- not in any way
- used to emphasize a negative statement
- By no means am I going to my ex-boyfriend’s wedding—why did he invite me?
- It will by no means be a difficult hike. The road is flat and we will stop many times along the way to view the scenery.
- Ugh! I was just being polite! By no means was I flirting with him.
- By no means would we share your medical information with anyone. Don't worry.
- I'm mortified. By no means did I intend to insult your mother!
- By no means are you going to the movies tonight if you haven't finished your homework.
- You really shouldn't hike alone in the rain forest by any means. It's too risky.
- I told my daughter we wouldn't tolerate her teasing other kids at school by any means.
- We're not having marital problems by any means! Who told you that?
- on no account
- not by any account
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: by no means