Idiom: bad hair day
bad hair day:
- a bad day in general; a day when many things seem to go wrong
- a day when you can't style your hair well and this makes you feel unattractive
This expression comes from the idea that when a person has a difficult time grooming their hair in the morning, the rest of their day is also difficult to manage.
This expression is used to describe something in a humorous or funny way.
- Yesterday, my mom was having a bad hair day so I decided to show her my report card this evening.
- Sarah's crying because she's having a bad hair day. First, she forgot about the manager's meeting and second, she had prepared the report for the wrong client.
- Avoid the boss if you can. He's having yet another bad hair day and is taking his frustrations out on everyone.
- I'm having a real bad hair day. When I got in the car I noticed I was wearing my pajama bottoms and I had to run back into my house and change into my work pants. As a result, I was 20 minutes late.
- I feel so stupid wearing a baseball cap with my skirts and dresses in the morning as I go to work but I don't want to have another bad hair day. The humidity turns my hair into a curly, frizzy mess.
- I just throw my hair up in a ponytail every time I have a bad hair day.
- Is she having another bad hair day? Ha, ha, yes, maybe we should get her a gift certificate to the hair salon.
- Sorry I can't go out—I’m having a bad hair day so I’ve decided to just stay home and rest tonight.
- Whenever I'm having a bad hair day I just throw on a baseball cap and get going anyhow.
- He's having a bad hair day despite the fact that he's bald.
- one of those days
- an off day
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> bad hair day idiom