Idiom: a notch above
Idiom: a notch above (someone/something)
- something is slightly superior to someone/something else
- I really love the cover of this song but the original is still a notch above.
- Both of my children are great at swimming but my youngest is a notch above my oldest.
- My son's a notch above his classmates academically but studies so much he's not enjoying high school.
- Roger Federal beat Rafael Nadal in the finals. The match was close but Roger was a notch above today.
- I highly recommend this brand. It's a notch above that one.
- The quality is a notch above but it's still not worth the price difference.
- We won't be satisfied until we're a notch above the competition.
- Yes! I was a notch above Sarah on the test today and she was very upset about it.
- This index fund is currently performing a notch above the others.
- a cut above
- be without equal
- be in a class above
- be the cat's meow
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: a notch above