Idiom: vote something down
Idiom: vote something down (vote down something)
- to reject something or defeat a vote for something
- I suggested we hire a new receptionist instead of having an answering service, but management voted the idea down.
- Please don't vote down my proposal until you read it.
- Let's hope they vote the down proposal to reduce the library's hours of operation.
- If I'm elected, I promise I will vote down any new tax increases that are proposed during my tenure.
- Management voted down our request for a pay raise again and so we plan on going on strike tomorrow.
- I wanted to take my team out bowling for our holiday event but they voted down the idea down.
- Your design was voted down by the committee but if you modify a few things, I think it can pass in the future.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: vote down