Idiom: think outside the box
think outside the box:
- to think creatively to find new ways of doing things or solving problems
- Advertising agencies must think outside the box to come up with fresh new ideas that will grab consumers' attention.
- Some of the best inventions have come from someone taking a regular product and adapting it by thinking outside the box.
- Scheduling walking meetings rather than sitting around a table is a good example of how corporate America started thinking outside the box about group discussions.
- Our company encourages thinking outside the box by allowing us to work on whatever we want every Thursday afternoon.
- We've hired a consultant to help us foster activities that will help our employees think outside the box.
- This company is going to go out of business unless we start thinking outside the box.
- Parents who home school their children often think outside the box when creating educational activities.
- Talk about literally thinking outside the box! EBay's new augmented reality feature helps sellers determine which size U.S. Postal Service Flat Rate Box will best fit their items.
- If Apple hadn't thought outside the box, we'd probably still be using flip phones and carrying MP3 players.
- Here's an idea: Why not just provide excellent customer service instead of trying to think outside the box to create a new product?
- pull a rabbit out of a hat
- rise to the challenge
- square the circle
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: think outside the box