Idiom: the same old, same old
Idiom: the same old, same old / same old
- something has stayed the same as before (and the result is often tiresome or boring)
- It’s the same old boring office as when you left a year ago.
- My life is the same old, same old: study, practice, eat and sleep.
- Our school dance is the same old, same old every year.
- You guys always fight. It's just the same old, same old.
- She got ridiculously drunk at the party. It's just the same old every weekend and I'm getting a bit worried she has a problem.
- We're going to the same old campsite for our summer holidays. It's beautiful though.
- My assistant is 45 minutes late again. It's the same old every week and I'm tired of it.
- It's the same old, same old with you. Will you every tell me the truth?
- A: "What's for breakfast?" B: "The same old, same old I'm afraid."
- the same old thing
- the same old story
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: the same, old same old