Idiom: See eye to eye
Idiom: see eye to eye (with someone)
- to agree with someone about something
- to have the same opinion as someone else about something
Note: This idiom is often used in the negative form: to not see eye to eye about something or disagree with someone about something
- My mom and I don't see eye to eye on politics so we discuss other things.
- Happiness is seeing eye to eye with your wife about how to spend money.
- Bill's secretary didn't see eye to eye with him about her salary so she quit.
- I see eye to eye with my in-laws about almost everything so we have a wonderful relationship and rarely quarrel.
- Although I don't see eye to eye with ex-husband on many things, we both are very civil for the sake of our children.
- Well, we see eye to eye on everything except how to raise our children...
- My son and his latest girlfriend see eye to eye on many things so it's a completely different scenario from the last person he dated.
- My supervisor and I didn't see eye to eye on my performance review so I refused to sign it.
- be of like mind
- be on the same page
- sing from the same song sheet
- speak/talk the same language
- be of one/be of the same mind (about)
You might like these other idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> Idiom: See eye to eye