Idiom: See eye to eye
Idiom: see eye to eye (with someone)
- to agree with someone about something
- to have the same opinion as someone else about something
Note: This idiom is often used in the negative form: to not see eye to eye about something or disagree with someone about something
- My mom and I don't see eye to eye on politics so we discuss other things.
- Happiness is seeing eye to eye with your wife about how to spend money.
- Bill's secretary didn't see eye to eye with him about her salary so she quit.
- I see eye to eye with my in-laws about almost everything so we have a wonderful relationship and rarely quarrel.
- Although I don't see eye to eye with ex-husband on many things, we both are very civil for the sake of our children.
- Well, we see eye to eye on everything except how to raise our children...
- My son and his latest girlfriend see eye to eye on many things so it's a completely different scenario from the last person he dated.
- My supervisor and I didn't see eye to eye on my performance review so I refused to sign it.
- be of like mind
- be on the same page
- sing from the same song sheet
- speak/talk the same language
- be of one/be of the same mind (about)
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these other idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> Idiom: See eye to eye