Idiom: nose around
Idiom: nose around (someone/something)
- to try to find information about something or someone
- Try to nose around and find out what your brother would like to do for his birthday.
- Everyone’s trying to nose around the office because we suspect there will be layoffs.
- Stop nosing around my stuff or I'll tell mom.
- Nose around and see if you can find out who else is submitting a bid for the project.
- My boyfriend's always nosing around my apartment looking for signs I'm in contact with my ex-boyfriend.
- What can we do legally to nose around our competitors?
- I was nosing around my roommate's stuff and found some drugs in her desk... Now, what do I do?
- My little sister is always nosing around my things.
- My boyfriend broke up with me for nosing around his phone all the time.
- If you keep nosing around your assistant's email you may find out she doesn't like you.
- check into
- dig around
- do your homework
- poke around
- snoop around
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: nose around