Idiom: nail something down
Idiom: nail something down (nail down something)
- to determine or make an agreement about something such as a time, date, amount, price, terms, etc.
- We’ve got to nail down the dates for our vacation and start making hotel and airline reservations this weekend.
- I was able to nail down an interview with the governor for Friday afternoon.
- We absolutely have to nail down a time to talk tomorrow before the meeting. Are you free at 2:00 pm?
- I was never able to nail down a fair price for my painting so I refused to sell it.
- Yesterday's meeting was productive. We nailed down all of the details for the fundraising gala and divided up the duties with due dates.
- I hate it when someone tries to nail me down to a decision before I fully understand what the agreement involves.
- Please tell me as soon as you nail down the date for your wedding so we can make sure we can attend.
- How were you able to nail down a face-to-face meeting with George Clooney?
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: nail something down