Idiom: nail something down
Idiom: nail something down (nail down something)
- to determine or make an agreement about something such as a time, date, amount, price, terms, etc.
- We’ve got to nail down the dates for our vacation and start making hotel and airline reservations this weekend.
- I was able to nail down an interview with the governor for Friday afternoon.
- We absolutely have to nail down a time to talk tomorrow before the meeting. Are you free at 2:00 pm?
- I was never able to nail down a fair price for my painting so I refused to sell it.
- Yesterday's meeting was productive. We nailed down all of the details for the fundraising gala and divided up the duties with due dates.
- I hate it when someone tries to nail me down to a decision before I fully understand what the agreement involves.
- Please tell me as soon as you nail down the date for your wedding so we can make sure we can attend.
- How were you able to nail down a face-to-face meeting with George Clooney?
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: nail something down