Idiom: Cry your eyes out
Poor Billy! He’s crying his eyes out because his ice cream fell on the floor.
Idiom: cry your eyes out (cry one's eyes out)
- to cry very hard or in an uncontrolled way
- to cry for a long time
- When John’s wife left him, he cried his eyes out for two weeks straight.
- Sarah cries her eyes out every time she sees a sad movie.
- “I can’t talk now,” Ellen said to her friend. “My daughter is crying her eyes out because she failed her exam.”
- When I tried to break up with my boyfriend he started to cry his eyes out and I was shocked because I didn't know how much he loved me.
- Get down please. You'll be crying your eyes out if you fall off that table.
- Every single person in the audience cried their eyes out listening to the young girl describe her battle with brain cancer.
- I cried my eyes out the day Michael Jackson died. I'm grateful his music lives on.
- cry/sob one's heart out
- in a flood of tears
- drown in tears
- dissolve in tears
You might like these other idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: cry your eyes out