Idiom: jump off the shelves
Idiom: fly / jump off the shelves
- Sorry, we don’t have any more of those laptops left—when they went on sale last Friday they jumped off the shelves.
- These hand-painted bird houses are really flying off the shelves.
- The new iPhone is jumping off the shelves even though it's $1,000.
- After we put out samples of the chocolate-covered crickets, they jumped off the shelves.
- Offering a "buy one, get one free" special is a great way to get expiring merchandise to fly off the shelves.
- Whenever Princess Kate Middleton wears one of our dresses, they fly off the shelves within hours.
- We're expecting a huge winter storm tomorrow and by the time I'd got to the store today, all of the water, batteries and other essentials had already jumped off the shelves.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: jump off the shelves