Idiom: in a quandary
Idiom: (be) in a quandary
- in a situation where you are confused and don’t know what to do
- He’s in a quandary about whether to spend $100,000 on business school or just try to start his own business and learn from experience.
- If you're in a quandary, get an expert's opinion before buying stock in the company.
- I'm in a quandary about whether to tell my mom her pants make her look fat.
- My son is in a quandary about going to Harvard or Yale.
- We're in a quandary over which house to bid on.
- My wife's in a quandary over which job offer to accept, but it's a good problem to have.
- I'm in a quandary about vacationing in Mexico or Guatemala. Have you been to either?
- Residents are in a quandary about the deer population because they are eating everyone's flowers and vegetable gardens and getting hit by cars.
- torn between
- sticky situation
- up a tree
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list