Idiom: breathe easy
Idiom: breathe easy / breathe easier
- to be / become more calm or relaxed
- You'll breathe easy after your mid-term exams are over.
- Most people breathe easier when they learn how to budget their money and learn to plan for unexpected expenses.
- We're breathing easy now that the audit of our finances is behind us.
- I thought I'd breathe easier after I confronted my daughter about some photos we found on her phone but after talking to her, we're even more concerned than we were before.
- My wife is having a very difficult pregnancy. We're going to be breathing easier once she's made it through the first trimester.
- I know it's pathetic but we're breathing easy because our daughter just got engaged to marry a surgeon.
- Are you breathing easy now that you sold your house?
- Everyone's been breathing easy since the hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm.
- heaving a sigh of relief
- calm down
- settle down
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: breathe easier