Idiom: all thumbs
idiom: all thumbs
- clumsy or awkward in doing or using something.
- I’m all thumbs with arts and crafts but my daughter is great at it.
- Do I play the piano or guitar? Are you serious—I'm all thumbs!
- My husband dropped my mother's fine crystal glass as she handed it to him, proving once again that he's all thumbs.
- I wish I could paint like you but I'm all thumbs.
- You're so lucky that your husband is handy around the house. My husband is all thumbs so if we need a repair we have to call a handyman.
- My grandmother knit this sweater but there's a small hole right here. She's all thumbs but it's the thought that counts.
- Karen used to be a waitress here but she's all thumbs and dropped a couple of trays filled with food. Now she's doing a fantastic job as our hostess.
- I can't believe you learned how to juggle. I thought you were all thumbs.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: all thumbs