Idiom: spill the beans
Idiom: Spill the beans (meaning)
Look at the picture and try to guess the meaning of the idiom 'spill the beans.'
Spill the beans: to tell someone a secret or tell information before you were supposed to.
- I accidentally spilled the beans when I told my friend we're painting the baby's room pink.
- I cannot believe you spilled the beans about our party tomorrow—now I'll have to invite Nancy.
- Mark and I got engaged last night but don't spill the beans to anyone—I want to tell mom and dad in person tomorrow night.
- If I spill the beans will you promise not to tell anyone else?
- We planned a surprise birthday party for my colleague but a deliveryman accidentally spilled the beans to him about it.
- I know you were the one who spilled the beans about my diagnosis because I didn't tell anyone else about it.
- Don't tell Sarah anything confidential because she's incapable of not spilling the beans.
- I hate to spill the beans but I think you should know your boyfriend is seeing another girl and she posted photos of them together on Facebook.
- My mother promised not to spill the beans about my pregnancy but then turned around and told two people—who told two more people and so on and so on!
- My coworker spilled the beans about a new product we were developing and a competitor learned about it and released their own version before we did.
- My colleague spilled the beans that I had found a new position and it got back to my supervisor before I had given my notice of resignation.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these other idioms
Have you signed-up for my free newsletter? It's the best way to learn about new updates to my website and information about my writing contests.
Main Idioms Page
› Idiom: Spill the beans