Idiom: Pig Out
Pig out idiom
Look at the picture and try to guess the meaning of the idiom 'pig out.'
Pig out: to eat too much of something at one time.
Pigs like to eat and they will eat a lot and keep eating if you keep feeding them. Unfortunately, we humans will also overeat, especially if given a chance to eat sweat, savory or salty foods.
When we specify the food that we eat too much of we add the preposition "on" to the phrase. For example, I usually pig out on ice cream during the summer.
- We totally pigged out at the holiday party. There was a huge buffet and dessert bar and I had to try a bit of everything.
- I always pig out when I go on vacation and come home at least 10 pounds heavier.
- Yesterday we pigged out at happy hour on buffalo wings and beer.
- My kids don't get a chance to pig out on Halloween candy because I took it away from them and only let them have 1-2 pieces at a time.
- I don't understand how you can be so thin when you constantly pig out on junk food!
- It was disgusting and embarrassing how you pigged out at the pizza party today.
- My favorite foods to pig out on are ice-cream, pizza and cookies.
- My son threw up after pigging out on five cupcakes.
- Since I've had gastric sleeve surgery to make my stomach smaller I can't ever pig out on food again or I could get very sick.
- She may look like a little princess but she can really pig out if you give her a chance.
- I need to get some more snacks for tonight because my boys like to pig out while watching the football game.
- I gained 12 pounds on our vacation because I felt obligated to pig out at every meal since food and drinks were included in the price.
You might like these idioms
If you found this idiom useful, please sign-up for my free newsletter so you can learn about new updates to my website.
Main idioms list
Idiom: pig out