Idiom: on the other hand
Idiom: on the other hand / on the one hand… on the other (hand)
- the other thing to think about and consider
- We can go to see your mother a Christmas. On the other hand, we could invite her to join us for a holiday trip to the mountains.
- On the one hand, I really want to see my friends. On the other, I know I’ll be worried about my research paper if I go out.
- You can get to the train station by taking bus 27. On the other hand, it's a nice day and you could get there in 10 minutes by walking 5-6 blocks straight ahead.
- On the one hand, Facebook is great for keeping in touch . On the other hand, there's a lot of silly pressure to "like" and comment on other people's posts.
- On the one hand, going to a prestigious private university would help get me a good job but on the other, it's going to cost $100,000 more than a state school.
- We were thinking about going out to dinner tonight. On the other hand, my husband loves to cook and you guys could come over to our place for dinner instead.
You might like these other idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "on the other hand"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: on the other hand