Idiom: make over (someone/something)
Idiom: make over someone/something (make someone/something over)
- to improve the way someone or something looks
- They made me over at the shopping mall today and I ended up spending $250 on cosmetics that I don’t need.
- I love watching the home improvement shows when they make over apartments on a $2,000 budget.
- After I lost 70 pounds, I had to completely make over my wardrobe.
- I absolutely loved how the made over my makeup but I don't have the time to create this look every morning.
- We'll make over the room with a fresh coat of paint and new carpeting before you move in.
- We'll need three days to make over the gym for our winter wonderland party theme.
- I really hated how my hair, makeup and wardrobe were made over so it was really awkward to have it televised in front of a live audience.
- I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail for years so my stylist is going to make over my hairstyle before I start my new job next month.
- Wow, it must've cost a fortune to completely make over your basement!
- fix up
- deck out
- doll up
- spruce up
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: make over