Idiom: lash out
Idiom: lash out (at someone/something)
- to angrily criticize or yell at someone/something
- My coach lashed out at me today for being five minutes late to practice and I was shocked at how angry he was.
- Why are you lashing out at me like this? I have no idea you were coming home early today.
- When I walked into the house my husband began to lash out at me so I knew immediately our American Express bill had arrived in the mail.
- My boyfriend is diabetic and the few times he's lashed out at me it's been because his blood sugar level had plummeted.
- If my boss lashes out at me one more time, I'm going to quit on the spot.
- I want to apologize for lashing out at you earlier. I shouldn't have done that and I'm very sorry.
- I understand you frequently lash out and your parents want us to help you understand where your anger is coming from and help you to manage it better.
- What's wrong with her these days? Why is she always lashing out a people?
- My husband only recently started lashing out at us and I have no idea why.
- Every day, President Trump lashes out at his critics on Twitter.
- fly off the handle
- jump down someone's throat
- tear into someone
- bite someone's head off
- rake someone over the coals
- lay into someone
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: lash out