Idiom: in a family way
Idiom: in a/the family way
- pregnant; expecting a baby
- How can I say this politely? Are you in a family way?
- I’m devastated. My 15-year-old’s girlfriend is in the family way!
- We just found a stray dog behind that building and we suspect she's in a family way.
- Everyone in my department knows I'm in a family way because I'm always running to the bathroom throwing up but I still haven't officially told anyone yet.
- To be honest, I wouldn't ask her if she is in the family way because maybe she's just gained a lot of weight.
- Do you think Sarah is in the family way? I'm dying to ask her.
- Yes, my boss is in a family way and I'll have to do both our jobs again for the next year.
- I have some exciting news to tell you: My wife is in a family way.
- knocked up (slang)
- be expecting (a baby)
- have a bun in the oven (slang)
- with child
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: in a family way