Idiom: if all else fails
Idiom: if/when all else fails
- if/when nothing else succeeds or occurs
- If/when all of your plans or options cannot happen, there is one more thing you can try
- I want to be an actor but if all else fails, I'll join the army.
- If all else fails, we can stay home and watch the game on the TV.
- I think someone's going to drive, but if all else fails we'll just take a taxi or Uber to the party.
- Let's send him a text message and email and if all else fails, we'll ask the director's secretary to pass a note to him inside the conference room.
- Let's try to book a room at one of the hotels downtown but if all else fails, we can stay at my mother's house and take the metro in to town.
- When all else failed, my son called his uncle for money.
- I hope we can get the loan, but if all else fails, we'll just have to use the line of credit on our home.
- When all else fails, I put my son in the car, turn up the heat and drive him around the block a few times to get him to fall asleep.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: if all else fails