Idiom: if all else fails
Idiom: if/when all else fails
- if/when nothing else succeeds or occurs
- If/when all of your plans or options cannot happen, there is one more thing you can try
- I want to be an actor but if all else fails, I'll join the army.
- If all else fails, we can stay home and watch the game on the TV.
- I think someone's going to drive, but if all else fails we'll just take a taxi or Uber to the party.
- Let's send him a text message and email and if all else fails, we'll ask the director's secretary to pass a note to him inside the conference room.
- Let's try to book a room at one of the hotels downtown but if all else fails, we can stay at my mother's house and take the metro in to town.
- When all else failed, my son called his uncle for money.
- I hope we can get the loan, but if all else fails, we'll just have to use the line of credit on our home.
- When all else fails, I put my son in the car, turn up the heat and drive him around the block a few times to get him to fall asleep.
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: if all else fails