Idiom: a lone voice in the wilderness
Idiom: a (lone) voice (crying) in the wilderness
- someone who says something that’s not popular
- someone whose opinions or suggestions are ignored
- At the management meeting, my suggestion to give everyone a small bonus was a lone voice in the wilderness.
- In class, I always feel like a lone voice in the wilderness because of my liberal opinions.
- Until my coworker arrived, I was a voice crying in the wilderness to reduce our office's wasteful paper and toner usage.
- I admire you for persevering as a lone voice crying in the wilderness about voter registration rights.
- Sometimes I feel like a lone voice crying in the wilderness about getting better working conditions.
- It takes bravery to be a voice in the wilderness.
- Before the recent "Me too" movement, I was a lone voice crying in the wilderness about sexual harassment in the workplace.
- I got tired of being a lone voice in the wilderness and finally accepted I would have to get another job because no one was going to listen to me.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: a lone voice in the wilderness