Idiom: you’re toast
Idiom: you’re toast (to be toast)
- You’re toast when your mom finds out you ruined her blouse.
- You're toast—If you didn’t study for the exam you're going to fail it.
- I'm toast when my parents see everything I've charged on their credit card this month.
- We're toast if we don't make it to the airport in time to catch our flight.
- I thought I was toast when I arrived late at the meeting but the speaker also hadn't arrived yet so I didn't miss anything.
- This is your last warning—one more missed class and you're toast.
- There're so many orders to fill, we're toast. Call Manpower to see if they can send out a temp to help us.
- What are you doing playing video games? You're toast if mom and dad see you haven't finished your homework yet.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: you’re toast