Idiom: step on it (the gas)
Idiom: step on it / step on the gas
- to work quickly or hurry to complete something
- to go somewhere quickly
- You better step on it if you want to mail the letter by 5 pm.
- You’re finished? Yeah, I stepped on the gas and completed it an hour ago.
- I'm tired of being asked to step on the gas because of other people's disorganization. It's very unfair.
- No matter how fast we work, our manager tells us to step on it—it's really demoralizing.
- Step on it! We're going to be late and miss the kickoff.
- Tell the taxi driver to step on the gas or we'll miss our flight.
- Everyone please step on it. If we don't finish the job within the hour, we'll lose this client.
- I need you to stop talking and step on it. Once the store's cleaned we can all leave.
- If another customer yells at me to step on it, I'm going to quit this job.
- hurry up
- get moving
- get a move on
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: step on the gas