Idiom: owe it to someone
Idiom: owe it to someone to do something
- you have an obligation or duty to do something for someone
- You owe it to yourself to take better care of your health.
- My son owes it to me to tell the truth about what he spent his college tuition on.
- I really owe it to you for taking over my shift at the last minute Friday night.
- After working everyday for the past 18 months you owe it to yourself to take a vacation.
- If feel like I owe it to my girlfriend to not break up with her during finals. I don't want to cause her more stress.
- Sorry but I can't go with you. I owe it to my mom to be home for Thanksgiving this year.
- I think our boss owes it to us to say whether the company is going to do major layoffs.
- It was so difficult but I owed it to my wife to move on and get a divorce when I felt there was nothing I could do to repair our marriage.
- You owe it to me to be honest doctor. Do you suspect I have cancer?
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: owe it to someone