Idiom: one after the other
Idiom: one after the other / one after another
- one thing is followed by the next person or thing
- We need to solve this problem quickly because the complaints are coming in one after the other.
- She dates new guys one after another because she only likes the excitement of falling in love.
- We've had one problem after the other with this new car.
- My sister had seven kids one after another and now she's permanently exhausted.
- I sent out resumes one after the other and still didn't get a job so I went back to grad school instead.
- Your son has had behavioral problems one after another this school year. Is something going on at home that we should know about?
- You'll be signing autographs one after the other for several hours so please don't write or type a lot this evening or tomorrow morning.
- The ducks followed their mother one after another across the road and up the curb.
- The first days of the tournament are fantastic. You can watch matches one after the other from 11:00 am until about midnight.
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: one after the other