Idiom: make one’s hair stand on end
Idiom: (make) one’s hair stand on end
- to be really scared or frightened
- When Sandy went camping, the noises outside the tent made her hair stand on end.
- Spiders and rats make my hair stand on end.
- Did you see the movie "The Exorcist?" I watched it last night and it made my hair stand on end.
- We heard a lot of yelling and then several screams that made our hair stand on end so we called the police and we found out later that our neighbor had murdered his wife.
- What was that noise? I don't know but it certainly made my hair stand on end.
- My hair stood on end when I got the call from the principal saying my daughter had fallen off the playground equipment and that I needed to meet her in the hospital emergency room.
- I could never volunteer in Africa. Insects of all kinds make my hair stand on end.
- Reading scary books alone at night really makes my hair stand on end.
- scare the daylights out of
- make teeth chatter
- scare to death
- make one's blood run cold
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: make one’s hair stand on end