Idiom: it's early days (yet)
Idiom: it's early days (yet / still)
- it's too soon to decide about something or make a judgment
- I think the chemotherapy has killed the cancer but it's early days yet.
- So far my new assistant is doing okay but it's still early days yet.
- Our rescue dog doesn't want to leave his cage but it's early days and we need to be patient.
- "How do you like your new school?" "The people seem nice but it's early days."
- "I'm a bit worried because we don't have a lot of people registered for the conference but it's early days so we'll see."
- "This semester has been going pretty well. I understand what we've covered so far in chemistry but it's early days so you never know."
- The antidepressant I started taking doesn't seem to be working but my doctor assures me it's early days and it will take a couple of weeks for it to be effective.
- My children seem to like their new school but it’s early days yet.
- The New York Giants are having a fantastic season but it’s early days still.
- Our company is experiencing 50% growth so far this year but it’s still early days.
- Joining the Peace Corps has been extremely difficult but it’s early days yet and I need to give it more time.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: it's early days