Idiom: from the face of the earth
Idiom: from (off) the face of the earth
- completely gone or disappeared
- I tried to find my favorite earrings but they disappeared from the face of the earth.
- After my daughter's ex-boyfriend posted a nude photo of her on the internet, we called the police and it was removed off the face of the earth.
- I wish my ex-husband would disappear off the face of the earth! He still harassing me ten years after our divorce.
- We had problems with ants so we sprayed the apartment until they all disappeared from the face of the earth.
- Where did everyone go? As soon as I ask for help washing the dishes everybody disappears from the face of the earth.
- Now that I'm single again, it's like all the nice guys have disappeared from the face of the earth.
- I just put cookies out in the kitchen but they'll be gone from the face of the earth if you don't go get some quickly.
- Where did the customer go? I went to get the shoes she asked for and she's disappeared off the face of the earth.
- vanish into thin air
- disappear into thin air
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: from the face of the earth