Idiom: as plain as day
Idiom: as plain as day / plain as day
- very clear and easy to understand
- easy to see
- If you don’t know how to use the machine, then please read the directions. The manual is as plain as day.
- I don't want to sound mean but with your low grades it's plain as day that you won't get into Harvard University.
- I love Twitter because it helps make people write messages that are as plain as day.
- When we bumped into my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend at the mall it was plain as day that they were still in love with each other.
- What do you mean you don't understand this credit card bill? It's plain as day that you made a lot of unplanned purchases this month.
- I absolutely love this app. The number of calories you've consumed each day/week/month as well as other nutritional information is summarized as plain as day.
- Although we always tried to hide it, it was plain as day to everyone our marriage had problems and no one was surprised when I announced we were getting a divorce.
- I haven't had a chance to call everyone but it should be as plain as day that the picnic will be canceled due to today's thunderstorms.
- It's plain as day that you weren't listening to me last night when I said I had a doctor's appointment and couldn't drive you to work today.
- Have you seen Sandra? It's plain as day that she's had a nose job but it looks really good.
- It's plain as day that the company isn't doing well and everyone is getting nervous there will be layoffs soon.
Get our free idioms in pictures ebook
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: as plain as day