Idiom: actions speak louder than words
actions speak louder than words:
- what you do is more important than what you say
- it's easy to make promises but takes effort to fulfil them
- If you love me, show me—actions speak louder than words.
- I'm not impressed with your promises to take care of a puppy. Actions speak louder than words and until you do your chores we're not discussing getting a dog again.
- Your friend Sarah is great example of how actions speak louder than words. She never bragged about her accomplishments so everyone's shocked she's going to Harvard University.
- The boy next door pretends he doesn't like me but I know he does because actions speak louder than words.
- my brother always says he's going to become a professional tennis player but I doubt it since actions speak louder than words and he never practices.
- I'll believe it when I see the cars washed. Actions speak louder than words.
- My parents always told me not to waste money but their actions spoke louder than words and I got into a lot of credit card debt just like they did.
- At my interview I told them I am a strong believer that actions speak louder than words, which is why created several advertising samples to demonstrate my design skills.
You might like these other idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
> Main idioms list
> actions speak louder than words